Sunday, February 5, 2012

Extra Credit Blog: Reflection on First Semester

What topics really confused you?
I am still confused on the chemistry, cell, and bacteria chapters.

What topics do you feel very clear on?
I feel the best with the ecology chapters compared to all the chapters. All the other chapters, I feel like I don’t know it completely.

What lab/ activity was your favorite? Why?
Some of my favorite activities were when we planted our seeds into the jar. It was amazing to watch how my plant grew compared to everyone else’s plants. For the chromatography lab, it was interesting watching how the solvent gradually moved up the filter papers. As for the flower dissection activity, I liked being able to look through microscopes and be able to see the pollen clearly. I also liked being able to realize that our school had a lot of plant diversity when we explored our campus looking for different insects and flowers.

What lab/activity was your least favorite? Why?
My least favorite lab would be the fly lab because it felt tedious to cross each trait, yet I witnessed many flies with different traits that seemed interesting to me. My other least favorite lab would be the bacteria lab because I did not want to inhale or get any dye on my clothing. Knowing what problems could arise if I had inhaled anything made me afraid to be near the bacteria when opening it.

If you could change something about the class to make it better, for instance the type of homework (not the amount) what would it be and why?
Sometimes I don’t know which reading quizzes I need to complete and which blogs I have to finish. When we had a list of blogs to do, it made finishing the blogs so much easier knowing which ones I had to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment